Michelle Gustavson is an associate in the business and finance, banking, real estate, and social media groups. Her practice entails drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial loan documents, real estate agreements, and social media policies. She assists clients with complex commercial real estate financing, loan documentation, legal opinions, and various employment matters, including social media policies.
Ms. Gustavson graduated first in her class from the University of Idaho College of Law, where she was a member of the Idaho Law Review and the recipient of various scholarships and awards, including a University of Idaho Alumni Excellence Award and the College of Law Faculty Award of Legal Achievement.
- Assisted national, state chartered and community banks in negotiating, documenting, and closing complex commercial loan transactions.
- Assisted creditors with consumer and commercial collection matters in connection with enforcement of loan documents.
- Acted as local counsel for lenders engaged in multi-state, multi-million dollar loan transactions and provided due diligence and rendered opinions of counsel regarding the validity and enforceability of loan documents.
- Represented both landlords and tenants in the negotiation, preparation, and review of residential and commercial property leases.
- Provided in depth analysis of franchise agreement and franchise disclosure document for an Idaho franchisor.
- Advised health care providers on federal and state compliance issues, including Stark, Anti-Kickback, Medicare and Medicaid rules, and licensing requirements.
Honorable John R. Stegner, Second Judicial District Court, State of Idaho, Extern, Intern, Legal Clerk, 2006-2007
Honorable Justice Roger S. Burdick, Idaho Supreme Court, Legal Clerk, 2008-2009
Law School: University of Idaho Law School, J.D., summa cum laude, 2008
Undergraduate: Florida State University, B.A., Communication, 2002
American Heart Association Go Red for Women Logistics Committee, since 2012
Idaho State Bar Business and Corporate Law Section, Chair, 2013; Vice-Chair and Annual CLE Committee Chair, 2011-2013; and Annual CLE Committee, 2011
Idaho Women Lawyers, Board of Directors, since 2010; Community Service Subcommittee Chair, 2012-2013
Junior League of Boise, Secretary and Board of Directors, 2013-2015; Especially Me! Chair, 2012-2013; Especially Me! Committee, 2011-2012
Boise Young Professionals, since 2009