Justin Cranney is a member of Hawley Troxell’s real estate practice area and the majority of Justin’s practice is, in some fashion, connected to real estate. This includes extensive experience in commercial and residential leasing and tenant relations, acquisition and disposition of commercial and residential properties, securing entitlements for use or development of real property and advising homeowner associations in disputes with members.
Leasing. Justin represents both landlords and tenants in commercial and residential leasing, ranging from preparation and negotiation of leases, providing counsel to help landlords manage tenants during the term of the lease and assisting landlords retake possession of leased premises through negotiations or evictions.
Acquisition and Disposition of Real Property. Over the past several years, Justin has been involved in numerous commercial property acquisitions and dispositions ranging from several hundred thousand dollars to multi-million dollars, providing due diligence, title, and closing assistance.
Entitlements. Justin has assisted developer and property owners in pursuing government permits, approvals and entitlements, and negotiating and drafting restrictive covenants, easements and maintenance agreements.
Homeowner’s Associations. Justin assists HOAs and members in the interpretation and enforcement of CC&Rs, Bylaws and other governing documents to allow for the efficient operation of HOAs and in the resolution of disputes between HOAs and members.
LAW SCHOOL: Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2008
UNDERGRADUATE: Weber State University, B.A., Psychology, 2004
Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), Board Member, 2014
Idaho Foodbank-Statewide Committee for A Fresh Approach
ISB Real Property Section- Form Book Committee
- Represented developer to secure necessary governmental approvals for
development of Carl’s Jr. in Nampa, Idaho and successfully defended subsequent appeal to district court by neighbor.
- Represents local engineering company in commercial leasing across the nation.
- Represented property owners regarding annexation rights and negotiating terms of annexation agreement with City of Meridian.
- Represented lender to correct title defects in land securing loan and work out of loan with borrower.
- Represented landowner in Northern Idaho to correct title issues, including lack of legal access, and divide property for sale.
- Represents property owner to ensure quick and cost-effective possession of real property post-foreclosure, from negotiating terms with occupants to seeking unlawful detainer.
- Represented bank in sale of multiple branches in Idaho and Oregon.
- Represented a member of a local HOA in a dispute with a neighbor regarding the rights of the architectural committee and the rights of an appeal from the
architectural committee’s decisions.