John Olson, a partner in the firm’s Litigation, Employment, and Health Care groups, has represented a wide range of clients in commercial cases in both state and federal court. He represents employers in employment-related disputes, administrative proceedings, and litigation. He also advises and counsels with employers on their rights and obligations under state and federal law.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Olson worked in the Dallas office of Bain & Company, a global business consulting firm, and in the Facilities Management Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- A contractor for the United States government in a large, overseas-based, employment class action.
- A large national retailer in employment disputes including disputes under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the discrimination provisions of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- Employers in wage and commission disputes.
- A lender in its defense of a mechanic’s lien foreclosure.
- An architect in a complex, multi-party mechanic’s lien foreclosure case.
- An investment brokerage firm in a dispute relating to the firm’s investment advice.
- An insurance company in a dispute involving reinsurance brokerage and reinsurers.
- A commercial client in a bad faith insurance dispute against its insurer.
Law Clerk, Hon. Will Garwood, United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2003-2004
Law School: University of Texas School of Law, J.D., honors, 2003
Order of the Coif
Chief Articles Editor, Texas Law Review, 2002-2003
Undergraduate: Brigham Young University, summa cum laude, B.A., Economics, 1994; B.A., Spanish Translation, 1994
Valedictorian, Department of Economics, August 1994
Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Boise, 2012-2014
YMCA Youth Basketball, Volunteer Coach
J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Boise Chapter, past Board Member
BYU Management Society, Boise Chapter