Gabriel Hamilton provides legal services to startup businesses with an emphasis on technology and Internet companies.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Negotiated and drafted agreements for the buyer in a multi-million dollar acquisition of 17-bed residential facility for troubled youth in Michigan.
- Represented seller and founder of a small business in sale of shares to junior partners on seller’s retirement.
- Assisted asset manager/co-investor in multiple sales of offshore entities holding real estate assets in the People’s Republic of China.
- Worked with real estate developer in formation of fund for investment in distressed commercial real estate.
- Served Shanghai-based real-estate asset manager in formation of real estate private-equity partnerships in Shanghai and Tianjin.
- Assisted startup technology company in issuing third round of preferred stock.
Intellectual Property Transactions
- Negotiated and drafted key licensing agreements between startup enterprise-software development company and its customers.
- Represented startup biotech firm in negotiations to license patented compounds and related intellectual property.
- Drafted artist and production company agreements and releases for a music publishing company.
Internet Law and Trademarks
- Drafted key arguments for defendants in Google AdWords trademark infringement action.
- Initiated domain-name arbitration under the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy and similar national policies of the People’s Republic of China and of South Korea on behalf of a personal-care products company.
- Assisted a university athletic program in obtaining a federally registered trademark for a distinctive color of artificial turf used on its athletic field.
- Worked with a reporting company’s board of directors on updating the audit committee charter, corporate disclosure policy, and code of conduct both to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and to fit the company’s size and resources for internal controls and compliance.
- Produced a top-down rewrite of the articles of incorporation and bylaws for a major health insurance plan.
- Worked with a major health insurance plan’s board of directors on developing and updating standards, policies, and procedures related to director independence and conflicts of interest.
Law School: University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2008
High honors and Order of the Coif
Associate Editor, Texas Law Review
Undergraduate: University of Massachusetts Amherst, B.A., magna cum laude, 1998