October 23, 2014
Throughout the months of October, 12 teams, from 12 different companies, have been competing for to participate in this tournament.
On October 23rd, these teams will meet one last time to decide a winner.
October 22, 2014
Attorney Allison Parker will be presenting to Girl Develop It for their IP 101 meeting.
October 9, 2014
“As The Idaho Foodbank’s signature gala event, A Chefs’ Affaire provides an opportunity for friends of the Foodbank to come together and contribute to a single cause while they enjoy one of the Treasure Valley’s truly exceptional evenings. Along with a six-course plated fundraiser, A Chefs’ Affaire offers much more: It brings together a live auction, silent auction, raffle, live music, wine and beer tastings, and other entertainment, all packed into one singular evening”…..
Click HERE to read more!
October 7, 2014
Join us for the Boise Chamber of Commerce 131st Annual Gala, Featuring Dara Torres, a 5-time Olympian, Winner of 12 Medals, and Author.
October 6, 2014
Now in its 12th year, Serving Up Wishes is a unique fundraiser that partners Make-A-Wish® Idaho and Boise State University to make wishes come true for Idaho’s wish children. Approximately 90 Boise State University student-athletes and coaches representing every NCAA sport take part in this high energy, fun-filled night of non-stop entertainment.
Over 400 participants enjoy this event each year. In 2013, the event raised enough funds to grant nearly 50 wishes for Idaho’s children and their families.
During the evening, Boise state student-athletes showcase their many talents to the delight of the event guests. The evening includes a delicious sit down dinner along with a presentation from a wish child and his or her family, followed by a live auction.
Make-A-Wish Idaho grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. The Idaho chapter celebrated its 28th year in 2014 and serves the entire state of Idaho granting up to 80 wishes each year.
With the help of generous donors and more than 200 volunteers, Make-A-Wish Idaho has granted more than 1,100 wishes to children in Idaho.
Sponsorship opportunities still available! Advanced purchase of a table sponsorship or individual tickets required to attend this event. For more information, please contact Make-A-Wish® Idaho at 345-9474.
October 4, 2014
Join us in our support for the Idaho Humane Society on a 1 Mile Fun Walk in the park with contests, activities, food, vendor booths, and more.
October 4, 2014
October 2, 2014
John Olson and John Ashby will be a part of the presenting staff. This seminar will discuss an unpredictable economy and a rapidly changing body of laws mean that, more than ever, it’s essential to make sure you and your clients are staying ahead of trends and developments in employment law. Large and small businesses are facing more applicants for fewer positions, and the penalties for cutting corners or misclassifying employees are costly. Our speakers are ready to answer your questions and help you and your clients navigate complex issues, avoid expensive litigation, and build a successful workforce. Click HERE to see more!
- Hiring Strategies and Decisions
- Establishing clear job descriptions and qualifications
- Screening, testing, and interviewing: dos and don’ts
- Social media information in hiring
- Compliance with immigration laws
- Hot Topics in Wage and Hour Compliance
- Misclassification issues
- Employee vs. independent contractor
- Exempt vs. non-exempt according to the FLSA
- Upcoming changes to the FLSA exemptions
- Are unpaid internships a thing of the past?
- Current case law
- Misclassification issues
- ADA and FMLA Updates and Considerations
- ADA updates
- FMLA updates
- Overlap and interaction of FMLA and ADA and other leave policies
- Technology in the Workplace: Complications and Considerations
- Mobile devices and unmonitored access: security and privacy
- Social media issues: account ownership, concerted activity, and legislation
- Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace
- Current issues in employment discrimination: sexual orientation, pregnancy, and more
- Preventing and responding to harassment
- Is it quid pro quo, hostile work environment, or just obnoxious behavior?
- Formal complaint procedures
- Training and investigations
- Employee Discipline and Termination
- Effective discipline policies at all stages of action
- Termination best practices
- Legal considerations, e.g. WARN Act, OWBPA, and contracted employees
- Severance agreements and waivers of employee rights
- Proper documentation: avoiding litigation
September 29, 2014
We are a proud sponsor of CWI and Idaho education.
September 23, 2014
Brad Frazer, will show you the importance of protecting your credit union’s brand in the internet wild west and will give you tools to help protect you valuable internet real estate.