October 16, 2017
Approved for 6.0 hours of continuing legal education credit in the state of Idaho, which includes 1.0 ethics credit.
Agenda / Content Covered
- Information Technology 101
9:00 – 10:00, Rex Scifres
- Business Computer Network and Database Administration
- What is “The Cloud” and How Does it Work?
- Business Software, Servers and Electronic Data Storage 101
- Backup Systems
- Why Deleting Doesn’t Destroy
- Mobile and Wireless Usage
- Information Security, Data Privacy and Liability Issues
10:15 – 11:15, Rex Scifres
- PCI Compliance, Data Privacy Laws, Data Security Regulations
- Creating a Data Map and Inventory
- “Bring-Your-Own-Device” Risks and Policies
- Managing Data Access Internally and Externally
- Recording Phone Calls
- Data Retention Policies
- Protecting Data
- Use of Unsecured Networks
- Cybersecurity Threats
- Confidentiality Issues with Technology
11:15 – 12:15, Elijah M. Watkins
- Among Employees and Vendors
- Who has Access to Accounts?
- Accidental Dissemination of Material Non-Public Information
- Sending Documents to the Wrong Parties
- Email Privacy Policies
- Facebook, Twitter and Other Social Media
1:15 – 2:15, Bradlee R. Frazer
- Defamation, Libel and Negative Reviews
- Employee Regulation and Employer Risk
- Social Media Policies
- Ownership of the Social Media Account
- Copyright Infringement and Trademark Issues
- Document Retention and Litigation Holds
2:30 – 3:30, Elijah M. Watkins
- Legal Requirements and Potential Issues
- How to Retain Electronic Documents
- Redundancies in Retaining Information
- What are Litigation Holds?
- What is a Clawback?
- Legal Ethics
3:30 – 4:30, Andrea J. Fontaine
- Who is Your Client?
- Attorney Confidentiality
- Conflicts of Interest
- Attorney Fees
October 16, 2017
October 11, 2017
Join us for the 14th Annual Commercial Real Estate Outlook Conference. Gain insight into the local real estate market and examine upcoming trends with industry experts.
Wednesday, October 11th 2017
Boise Centre East
October 5, 2017
Final Round Single Elimination Tournament
Boise’s finest leisure-sport gladiators continue to test their wits and (office-atrophied) strength by throwing colorful balls around a lawn in the final showdown of Hawley Troxell’s annual Boise Urban Bocce League Tournament.
October 4, 2017
No description has been entered for this event.
October 4, 2017
Boise Startup Week is a five day celebration of your community. Join your community in a new type of conference that builds momentum and opportunity around entrepreneurship, led by entrepreneurs and hosted in the entrepreneurial spaces you love. Boise Startup Week is a reflection of your hard work and your community’s unique entrepreneurial identity.
September 28, 2017
Bocce Tournament Round 3
Boise’s finest leisure-sport gladiators continue to test their wits and (office-atrophied) strength by throwing colorful balls around a lawn in Round 3 of Hawley Troxell’s annual Boise Urban Bocce League Tournament.
September 14, 2017
It’s critical to stay current with the technology that runs your organization and secures your operational infrastructure. INTERFACE addresses these IT issues through informative, non-sales oriented, educational seminars customized to the specific needs of the local business community. Using case studies and best practice examples, these exhibitor-presented sessions offer you the solutions needed to address your technology challenges and achieve your organizational goals.
Brad Frazer Presentation: Legal Issues and Data Security When Moving to the Cloud 1:00pm-2:00pm