DOL Issues New Interpretive Guidance on Misclassification of Independent ContractorsAdded by Hawley Troxell in Employment Law, News on July 15, 2015
On July 15, 2015, the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division (WHD), issued new interpretive guidance on proper classification of employees and independent contractors, Administrator’s Interpretation No. 2015-1. The DOL cites misclassification of employees as independent contractors as “one of the most serious problems facing affected workers, employers, and the entire economy.” The interpretive guidance includes examples and case support for determining when a worker is an employee or an independent contractor.
More Employment Law Blog Posts
- 10/25/18—401(k) Plan Notice Issues of Which to Be Aware (or Beware)
- 06/25/18—Important News For Employers Maintaining a Retirement or Medical Plan
- 12/20/17—Here’s how to make sure your company’s holiday party isn’t a sexual harassment fiasco
- 05/09/17—News for All Oregon Employers Regarding OregonSaves
- 05/25/16—Department of Labor Announces Overtime Rule